Submission Guidelines for Issue 5 of ForensicAsia
AFSN is now calling for articles for the Issue 5 of ForensicAsia. This newsletter is targeted to be published in November 2013.
We would like to invite Member Institutions to submit articles in the following six categories:
Instructions for Submission
Deadline for submission of articles: 01 June 2013
Please submit your article together with the completed Article Submission Form by email to the ForensicAsia Editoral Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All articles must be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- The length of the article should be:
Less than 1000 words for Technical Articles
Less than 800 words for Case Studies
Less than 500 words for Member Institutes, Member’s News, International Scene and AFSN News
All word count limits include references and captions.
- The font of the submitted text should be 12-point Times New Roman with double line spacing. Please do not use all uppercase. Use bold, underline and/or italics sparingly and indent the first line of each paragraph.
- Please spell in full the name of organisations and groups that are mentioned in the article.
- All images (lists, tables, diagrams, graphs, figures, charts, photographs) submitted must be of high resolution (300 dpi or greater) that is suitable for printing.
- Photographs and pictures submitted should include detail caption of the event or individuals.
- All images should be attached individually (not embedded in the MS Word file) in JPEG, TIFF or GIF format when submitting.
- Reference style
- Indicate references by number(s) in square brackets in line with the text. E.g.  or [2-5] etc.
- Number references (numbers in square brackets) consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. Within the reference list, number the references 1., 2., 3., etc.
- Use Vancouver referencing style.
Author(s) – Family name and initials. Title of article. Title of journal – abbreviated Publication year, month, day (month & day only if available); volume(issue):pages.
List all authors, but if the number of authors exceeds three, give three followed by et al.
- Smith PJ, Ballantyne J. Simplified low-copy-number DNA analysis by post-PCR purification. J. Forensic Sci. 2007,Jul;52(4):820-9.
- Gao SR, McGarry M, Ferrier TL, et al. Effect of cell confluence on production of cloned mice using an inbred embryonic stem cell line. Biol Reprod. 2003;68(2):595-603.
Author(s) – Family name and initials, Multiple authors separated by a comma. Title of book. Edition of book if later than 1st ed. Place of Publication: Publisher Name; Year of Publication.
- Simons NE, Menzies B, Matthews M. A Short Course in Soil and Rock Slope Engineering. London: Thomas Telford Publishing; 2001.
- Articles submitted should not have been published previously nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Due to copyright laws, authors are to seek consent from the owners for the usage of the images, photographs or pictures used in the articles before submission.
- All articles submitted which are selected for publication will be subject to editing. ForensicAsia Editorial Committee reserves the final right of selection without giving any reasons whatsoever.
- Authors will be informed on the status of the article(s) which they have submitted. All authors whose articles are published will be given one complimentary copy of the newsletter.
- The Article Submission Form must be completed and submitted with the article.